Friday, July 17, 2009

A Seperate Blog with a Distinct Scope

It was twenty years ago today... No wait, that was Sergeant Pepper. Let's try again...

Three years ago, on the heels of the Episcopal Church's General Convention, I stepped out and started my first Blog, "The Catbird Seat". Spotty at first, it evolved into a more or less eclectic potpourri of thoughts, musings and the like. It fits just fine and I intend to keep it rolling along at present speed and course.

Lately, I've been thinking about my life's spiritual journey and gave some consideration to giving that journey its own venue. Hence, "Crossing the Bay" was born. My hope is that Crossing will provide a clearer picture of the man the Master is re-creating in as an icon of His Son, Christ Jesus. Personally, I've found the whole thing rather interesting, and it still leaves me in a sense of wonder as to why He chose me, and what He has seen in me? Like most of you reading this, serious self-examination leaves me feeling creepy and makes me want to shower afterwords. Yet for all the schmutz, our LORD called me from eternity past and continues to tweak, poke and stretch me for eternity future. All the while, there is this present moment where in Him, we live, and move, and have our being.

Rather than being a self-indulgent exercise in vanity, my hopes are that this blog would be a source of inspiration. Not because of me, but rather what our LORD can do with a schlub like me.

No comments: